We are looking for a leader to build and lead a world-class data engineering team that delivers high-quality data assets to our internal customers, and provides the foundation of high-quality data to power our data science and machine learning applications. In addition, this leader will redefine our data engineering processes and implement new best practices to increase capacity and efficiency in the organization. This leader will leverage our Enterprise Data Platform and collaborate with engineering teams to guide the evolution of our data systems to meet the challenges of increasing scale and complexity required in today’s world. This entails recommending choices in our architectures for data storage, distribution, management, processing, serving, and consumption. This is a critical role in our journey towards becoming a data-driven company.
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Build data pipelines for Rapid Application Development and proof of concepts.
- Drive data quality across the product vertical and related business areas.
- Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production.
- Experience scaling and managing 5+ person teams.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Project management experience.
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages.
- Development experience in at least one object-oriented language (Python, Perl, Java, etc.).
- Experience with data sets, Hive, and data visualization tools.
- 8+ years experience in the field.
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer or Data Scientist.
- Solid understanding of Analytics, Machine learning and Data Science, Big Data Business Intelligence.
- Demonstrable understanding of systems, algorithms, and software design required.
Education: Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science or equivalent preferred
Location: Worldwide. Preferred locations: North America or India
About Guavus (a Thales company)
Guavus is at the forefront of AI-based big data analytics and machine learning innovation, driving digital transformation at 6 of the 7 world’s largest telecommunications providers. Using the Guavus-IQ analytics solutions, customers are able to analyze big data in real time and take decisive actions to lower costs, increase efficiencies, and dramatically improve the end-to-end customer experience – all with the scale and security required by next-gen 5G and IoT networks.
Guavus enables service providers to leverage applications for advanced network planning and operations, mobile traffic analytics, marketing, customer care, security and IoT. Discover more at www.guavus.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.