Guavus is looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Data Engineer to participate in the development of the most advanced solutions in the Big Data space by using agile methodologies. The developer will actively participate and collaborate with the data team to design and implement data pipelines to feed our products.
- Contribute to the complete development lifecycle of our products including prototyping, development, testing, and deployment.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to support key corporate initiatives.
- Interface with data scientists, product managers, and business stakeholders to understand data needs and help build data products that scale across the company.
- Take responsibility for continuous improvements in the coding and development of your own coding practices.
- Work closely with team members to deliver products within an agile work environment.
- Develop reporting and visualization tools using in-house tools as well as third-party tools.
- Define performance metrics and develop dashboards to evaluate business performance.
- Design, build, optimize, launch, and support new and existing data models and ETL processes into customer environments.
- Monitor and manage the SLA for all data sets and systems in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure and data engineering teams to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science or equivalent preferred.
- 8+ years experience in the field.
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer or Data Scientist.
- Solid understanding of Analytics, Machine learning and Data Science, Big Data Business Intelligence.
- Demonstrable understanding of systems, algorithms, and software design required
- Previous work experience, especially in an agile environment.
- Experience working with and analyzing big data in a distributed environment would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of cloud computing principles or direct experience with a cloud platform would be considered an asset.
- Speaking French is an asset.
We do not expect candidates to have all the skills listed here, but any skills already possessed are an asset, and willingness to learn is a requirement.
- Java (Apache Gobblin)
- Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Hadoop (Hive, Impala, HDFS)
- Microservices, Docker, and Kubernetes
- RESTful APIs
- Continuous deployment
Must be willing to travel and work closely with customers (max 25% time)
About Guavus (a Thales company)
Guavus is at the forefront of AI-based big data analytics and machine learning innovation, driving digital transformation at 6 of the 7 world’s largest telecommunications providers. Using the Guavus-IQ analytics solutions, customers are able to analyze big data in real time and take decisive actions to lower costs, increase efficiencies, and dramatically improve the end-to-end customer experience – all with the scale and security required by next-gen 5G and IoT networks.
Guavus enables service providers to leverage applications for advanced network planning and operations, mobile traffic analytics, marketing, customer care, security and IoT. Discover more at www.guavus.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.