Guavus is looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Data Engineer to participate in the development of the most advanced solutions in the Big Data space by using agile methodologies. The developer will actively participate and collaborate with data team to design and implement data pipelines integrating advanced AI/ML models.
- Develop and maintain batch and streaming data pipelines with big data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, HDFS, HBase, Phoenix, Impala etc.
- Analyze and implement proof of concepts related to big data technologies.
- Analyze new technologies (DB, Storage, Compute Engines).
- Produce quality code that is well documented.
- Participate in code reviews and mentoring.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Five years of experience in a data engineer position
- Experience in Cloud and non-Cloud based Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience in data warehousing and ETL development
- Fluent in Java & with some Scala knowledge
- Fluent in SQL
- Experience in performant and highly scalable applications
- Experience in distributed framework and technologies e.g. Columnar Database, NoSQL and Hadoop
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting
- Basic knowledge or interest in Python
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Speaking French is an asset
About Guavus (a Thales company)
Guavus is at the forefront of AI-based big data analytics and machine learning innovation, driving digital transformation at 6 of the 7 world’s largest telecommunications providers. Using the Guavus-IQ analytics solutions, customers are able to analyze big data in real time and take decisive actions to lower costs, increase efficiencies, and dramatically improve the end-to-end customer experience – all with the scale and security required by next-gen 5G and IoT networks.
Guavus enables service providers to leverage applications for advanced network planning and operations, mobile traffic analytics, marketing, customer care, security and IoT. Discover more at www.guavus.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.