Guavus is looking for an experienced Sr. Accountant who meets the following profile:
- Self-structured, self-organized and ability to run and manage projects.
- Highly dynamic worker comfortable is fast pace working environment.
- Good communication skills and people skills for all interactions internal and external.
- Looking for a strong worker able to autonomously operate and own his/her projects and team-based projects.
- Being part of a dynamic but small team, both “senior type work” and “leg work” are expected in the position.
- Lead multiple aspects of the financial statements such as monthly close items, consolidations, accruals, reconciliations, and overall preparation of financial statements and other month-end activities.
- Manage corporate credit programs and expenses.
- Assist AP by contacting vendors, printing checks, creating bank payment wires.
- Multiple jurisdiction tax related elements.
- Maintenance of the accounting system Net Suite and becoming the super user.
- Partake in the design, implementation and maintenance of internal processes and controls.
- Support the financial audits (in multiple jurisdictions) and other audits.
- Assist in month end reporting in reporting system (SAP) to the head office.
- Weekly payroll reconciliation and journal entries inter-company.
- Bonus and other monthly payroll related accruals.
- Liaising with HR to insure prompt payroll related payments.
- Liaise with the head office for corporate insurance.
- Special ad hoc requests by head office.
- University degree in accounting or relevant experience in accounting;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting
- Accounting designation required, or in process of obtaining
- Experience/knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS is an advantage
- Advanced Excel experience