We are seeking for Program Manager to lead and drive engineering programs in our Montreal Engineering Site. This candidate is expected to perform using best-fit practices for planning, scheduling, monitoring, tracking, and execution of our Montreal Engineering portfolio of products.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can execute and deliver successfully in situations where autonomy is given. A solid understanding and experience with software development lifecycles and the Agile methodology is required. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is essential.
- Plan, initiate, and manage engineering products lifecycle.
- Establish the right visibility for business stakeholders using data driven views.
- Ensure standardisation and compliance to product development process for a cross-functional stakeholder group.
- Build strong relationships with internal teams and thoroughly understand their development processes and needs.
- Guide development teams using the Agile Scrum framework: run backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, stand-ups, monitor burn down charts, resolve impediments to achieving goals, and coordinate retrospectives.
- Working with product managers and solutions architects to define and build towards product roadmaps and solution deliverables.
- Monitor project backlogs to ensure forward momentum with project execution.
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of large cross-functional initiatives.
- Own and drive the focus of continuous improvement in delivering products and solutions.
- Resolve program conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths.
- Manage dependencies between multiple engineering programs.
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation, and learning.
- Interact comfortably in one-to-one meetings with individual technical contributors and senior engineering and business leaders.
- Overall 5+ years of experience in the technology and software development domain.
- 5+ years experience managing projects and programs within an enterprise software organization.
- 2+ years experience managing projects using Agile Methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience applying Agile methodologies and practices supporting complex programs.
- Experience in telecommunications networks 4G/LTE and big data technologies is a must.
- Experience managing data analytics programs or projects.
- Strong communication skills; skilled at cross-functional and cross-organizational communication.
- Bachelors in engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience with project management and operational tools such as JIRA, Confluence wiki.
- Experience working within a production operations and/or IT organization.
- Strong practical and advanced theoretical understanding of managing the lifecycle of large-scale programs and projects.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally in a large organization.
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills in highly volatile cross-functional and cross-organizational environments.
- Experience in fostering collaboration and autonomy at a peer group level.
About Guavus (a Thales company)
Guavus is at the forefront of AI-based big data analytics and machine learning innovation, driving digital transformation at 6 of the 7 world’s largest telecommunications providers. Using the Guavus-IQ analytics solutions, customers are able to analyze big data in real time and take decisive actions to lower costs, increase efficiencies, and dramatically improve the end-to-end customer experience – all with the scale and security required by next-gen 5G and IoT networks.
Guavus enables service providers to leverage applications for advanced network planning and operations, mobile traffic analytics, marketing, customer care, security and IoT. Discover more at www.guavus.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.