Proven at the world’s most demanding CSP customers, Guavus is at the forefront of streaming big data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning innovation.
Guavus focuses on building software targeting three areas. Our analytics applications focus on Operations Analytics and Customer Analytics for SPs and IOT/IIOT. Our Reflex Analytics Fabric makes it simpler and quicker to develop SP and IIOT focused AI/ML applications.
About the Team
Our Product Management group sets the strategy and then supports the development of analytics products in each of our three areas of focus. – Reflex Platform, Customer Analytics and Operations Analytics.
Within our Product Management team, a Product Line Director leads the strategy, pricing and go-to-market. Based on the strategy, Product Owners define epics and stories which the assigned engineering team builds to. In addition to requirements, the Product Owner is responsible for backlog prioritization, day-to-day work with the assigned engineering team and product focused sales and market enablement. are led by a Product Line Director each focus area.
Our team works with customers and all the internal organizational stakeholders to ensure we deliver a market leading quality product to a growing and receptive marketplace.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Line Director to drive our strategy, product direction and marketing for Operational Analytics. We already have widely deployed products in this space, so you will also guide the evolution and GTM of our in-market products.
The Product Line Director for Operational Analytics plays a very critical role and will be consulted by most senior management at Guavus. Our CEO will seek you out as a kindred spirit, a ”mini-CEO” orchestrating all we do in Operations Analytics. Our Engineering leader will consult with you concerning how to allocate staff and what new products are coming up. Our Support SVP will engage to discuss product supportability, life-cycle plans and GTM. And our customer facing organizations will seek your support in customer engagements, roadmap issues and the like. plays a key role in moving product concepts from vision to something executable by engineering teams. You will define epics and write stories, then prioritize those stories with the assigned engineering team.
To do your job effectively you will need to understand the Operational analytics market, competition and customer needs. Your focus will always be on the future and how we can create/evolve products for new needs and outdo our competition.
This role will be based either in Montreal or in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Who you are
- You have strong business leadership skills, exceptional analytical capabilities and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences. You will have a track record of creating compelling product strategies and successfully delivering them.
- You will be able to demonstrate your ability to bring together customer knowledge, market analysis and engineering input to create compelling and practically achievable product and marketing plans.
- You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of GTM channels, how to select and manage them and how to build products which are successful in these channels.
- You have at least ten years’ relevant experiencein software product management. Normally we expect a first degree in a technical subject, but you might well have an MBA. Even more important, you will be able to demonstrate a dep knowledge of SP markets, first mobile but also cable and fixed. Ideally you will also have experience in and familiarity with ML.
- It is very important you can demonstrate your ability to understand customer needs, pain points and how they assess business value..
- You have a customer-first mind-setand obsess about why and how Guavus customers use our platform and use these insights to keep customers’ best interest in product decisions and overall backlog prioritization at all times
- You have a solid business to technology intuitionusing which you are able to identify the right analytics capabilities for business opportunities
Your primary Responsibilities
- Create and maintain an up to date strategic plan for Operational Analytics. Communicate this to a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Collaborating with the POs in Operational Analytics, create compelling product concepts and drive them through to realization. Ensure that compelling technical concepts are supported by compelling plans on GTM and channel.
- Work closely with Product Marketing and Marketing Communications to position, differentiate and catch the engagement of potential customers. Evangelize effectively to ensure your products receive the Marketing Investments they require
- Maintain a price list Operations Analytics
- Maintain a balanced portfolio of aging and emerging products
- Work collaboratively with Guavus stakeholders to define requirements and priorities. These would include both sales and technical customer facing organizations, as well as our post-sales and support organization.
- Work closely with platform teams to make sure the platform has the capabilities your product needs.
- Constantly evaluate the market penetration of your product, how to drive increased adoption, and improve the user experience
- Lead the charge to ensure the Operational Analytics portfolio is picked-up and sold by the salesforce. Ensure sales enablement and training is in place. Prime the pump by getting involved with lead customers.