Guavus is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Lead Engineer to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will participate in the development of the most advanced solutions in the Big Data space. The developer will actively participate and collaborate with the team during the analysis, implementation and testing phases for new development features.
You will work on integrating security aspects such as Authentication, Authorization, TLS encryption in Reflex platform stack which includes big data components such as Hadoop, Elasticsearch etc. as well as Java web applications.
- Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications.
- Design and develop high volume & low latency applications on distributed systems, delivering high availability and performance.
- Functions as Senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices w.r.t tools, common components, and documentation.
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement – Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Work with architects to design solutions and write well designed, modular and testable code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications & enforce software engineering processes & standards.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continues improvements by investigating alternatives in technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Guide and mentor the other junior team members in both technology and domain.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Software development experience with proven hands-on experience in Bigdata technologies
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
- High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Overall 7 – 9 yrs of exp with min 4- 5 Yrs. Of programming experience in Core Java
- Excellent understanding of OOPS concepts.
- Strong in data structures, algorithms & problem-solving skills.
- Experience of coding and working with authentication and authorization standards applicable in the Web services and Enterprise application world e.g. OAuth2, SAML, Spring Security, Kerberos will be a plus.
- Understanding of Hash algorithms, encryption algorithms, ciphers used in products and their robustness will be a plus
- Knowledge of OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) best practises will be a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
- Proven ability of working in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral – including ability to explain technical designs and issue
- Proven client service skills
At The Core Of Software Engineering you should also demonstrate our core values:–
- Collaborative: Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds.
- Innovative – There is a better way, find it.
- Accountable – You said you’d do it, so do it.
- Transparent – Share, show and be open.
- Passionate: Align what you do with what you love to do.
- Continuous Improvement: Be better than yesterday.