Guavus, a Thales company, is seeking a Data Scientist Intern. This is an exciting, technical role based in our Montreal office. It is focused on enabling our customers to create real, practical value through advanced analytics on their streaming data. Our customers – primarily large telecom service providers – use Guavus’ analytics to increase revenues or reduce costs by better network optimization, customer experience optimization, churn management, marketing, etc.
We offer 4 months internship with a possibility to extend to 8 months. We have full time position available for interns that stand out after the end of their internship & classes.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an Engineering or Science field with coursework in Linear Algebra and Statistics.
- Analytical skills – ability to quickly analyze data to identify and visualize key insights – as evidenced by coursework or research requiring the analysis of large datasets applying machine learning (regression, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.).
- Algorithmic understanding of standard machine learning methods.
- Good understanding of CS fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms, functional programming, cluster computing, etc. and the ability to quickly translate ideas to efficient, elegant code.
- Working knowledge of at least one program: Java, Scala, Python.
- Experience in high volume data scenarios and hands on knowledge of distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark will be a big plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present effectively to both business and technical audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time-management skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implement ETL & machine learning algorithms and benchmark their performances.
- Perform data validation exercises, tracing data from source to applications to confirm.
- Implementation designs.
- Analyze data and present insights.
- Document data analysis work and results.
About Guavus (a Thales company)
Guavus is at the forefront of AI-based big data analytics and machine learning innovation, driving digital transformation at 6 of the 7 world’s largest telecommunications providers. Using the Guavus-IQ analytics solutions, customers are able to analyze big data in real time and take decisive actions to lower costs, increase efficiencies, and dramatically improve the end-to-end customer experience – all with the scale and security required by next-gen 5G and IoT networks.
Guavus enables service providers to leverage applications for advanced network planning and operations, mobile traffic analytics, marketing, customer care, security and IoT. Discover more at www.guavus.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.