Guavus is a young and fast-growing company whose mission is to provide Communication Service Providers (CSPs) with a competitive advantage in the ability to accurately understand their mobile subscribers’ behaviors and extract value from this knowledge.
We are at pivotal point in our history where big data innovation can impact businesses and individuals in new and unforeseen ways, but we need exceptionally smart people to join our team who are:
- Passionate about getting the job done,
- Relentless about flawless execution,
- Committed to solving problems creatively, and
- Believe in the collective intelligence to design, build and engineer extraordinary products and solutions that are useful to all.
If this sounds like you, please reach out we’d love to hear from you.
Guavus is looking for an experienced Java developer. The employee will be directly working on our analytical solutions on the backend rest APIs and all of the supporting services. The employee will be helping with maintaining and developing of new features and services. Performance centric thinking is an important quality in any candidate.
- Developing new features in the backend services
- Maintaining existing features and services
- Participate in high level analyses of new features
- Support the various services in several environments
- Supporting deployment scripts for the product
Qualifications and Experience
- Three years of experience as a Java developer.
- Experience in RESTFul API services
- Experience in SQL & NoSql databases
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem: Map-Reduce, HDFS, Hive
- Knowledge of distributed computing
- Knowledge of Spring and common Apache Java libraries
- Experience in Java multithreaded code
- Experience with Linux RedHat/Centos and basic scripting
- Deployment knowledge: kubernetes, docker, ansible
- Knowledge of git and github
This opportunity consists of full-time job and is located in the Mile Ex area of Montreal, Canada.