Guavus is a young and fast-growing company whose mission is to provide Communication Service Providers (CSPs) with a competitive advantage in the ability to accurately understand their mobile subscribers’ behaviors and extract value from this knowledge.
We are at pivotal point in our history where big data innovation can impact businesses and individuals in new and unforeseen ways, but we need exceptionally smart people to join our team who are:
- Passionate about getting the job done,
- Relentless about flawless execution,
- Committed to solving problems creatively, and
- Believe in the collective intelligence to design, build and engineer extraordinary products and solutions that are useful to all.
If this sounds like you, please reach out we’d love to hear from you.
Guavus is looking for a highly motivated and talented Sr. Data Engineer to participate in the development of the most advanced solutions in the Big Data space by using agile methodologies. The developer will actively participate and collaborate with data team to design and implement data pipelines integrating advanced AI/ML models.
- Develop and maintain batch and streaming data pipelines with big data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, HDFS, HBase, Phoenix, Impala etc.
- Work closely with data scientists to produce ML/AI pipelines.
- Analyze and implement proof of concepts related to big data technologies
- Analyze new technologies (DB, Storage, Compute Engines)
- Produce quality code that is well documented
Qualifications and Experience
- Four (4) years of experience in a data engineer position
- Holder of a Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in Cloud and non-Cloud based Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience in data warehousing and ETL development
- Fluent in Java & with some Scala knowledge.
- Fluent in SQL
- Experience in performant and highly scalable applications
- Experience in distributed framework and technologies e.g. Columnar Database, NoSQL and Hadoop
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting.
- Basic knowledge or interest in Python
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Speaking French is an asset
This opportunity consists of full-time job and is located in the Mile Ex area of Montreal, Canada.